New Electrical Safety Regulations came into force on 1 April 2010.
We can confirm that all powered microscopes and accessories imported and offered for sale by Micro Imaging conform to these new regulations and in particular AS/NZS 3820 "Essential safety requirements for electrical equipment".
We have also updated our procedure in relation to the repair of microscopes which are electrically powered. Details are as follows:
- All microscopes that are serviced by Micro Imaging will be checked for electrical safety in accordance with standards AS/NZS "In-service safety inspection and testing - Repaired electrical equipment" and AS/NZS 3820 "Essential safety requirements for electrical equipment", by Micro Imaging's contracted registered electrician.
- If microscopes are found to be electrically unsafe we will undertake to contact the customer and provide a quotation with costs to make the microscope electrically safe. If the customer chooses not to have the microscope electrically repaired by Micro Imaging, the microscope will be labeled as non-compliant (refer Section 2 (2.5.1) or AS/NZS 5762) and returned to the customer.
- All repaired microscopes will be test tagged regardless of whether the microscope comes to Micro Imaging with a current test tag (refer Section 2 (2.2) o AS/NZS 5762).
- Please note: checking for electrical safety will incur a cost:
- to test for electrical safety, confirm compliance and test tag; or
- to test for electrical safety, find non-compliance, repair and test tag; or
- to test for electrical safety, find non-compliance, label non-compliant and return to customer
- Please ensure you are familiar with these procedures prior to sending microscopes to Micro Imaging for repair